WHO WE ARE
Owner - The Safe Journey Dog Boarding facility was opened in 2006 as an upscale boutique provider of doggie daycare and overnight dog boarding. As the economic down turn took its toll on people's ability to afford to pay top dollar for dog care, the business was put up for sale in 2010. I purchased the business early that year and have been working to bring affordable cage free dog daycare and overnight dog boarding to middle class Portland area families.
As a life long dog owner I have cared for numerous dogs and dog breeds. I've had Bassets, Labs, Doxies, Chihuahuas, Terriers, Goldens, Danes, and Weimaraners in my home at one time or another. In addition, I have spent over 30 years in Corporate America building award winning service organizations and outstanding work teams most recently as a Regional V.P. for a local storage provider.
When the opportunity came to take charge of the Safe Journey brand, I jumped at the chance to apply my proven business skills to building a first class Portland area dog care provider. It is my goal to find every way possible to provide the safety, comfort, and care to my dog customers as I expect for my own dog. She comes to work with me every day at Safe Journey because there is not place better for a dog to stay while their owner is at work or away!
John LiesmanResident Manager - John is a lifelong friend who I met while working together in 1979. A long time dog owner as well, he has provided a home to Terriers, Collies, Pekingeses, Chihuahuas, Doxies, Shep and Husky mixes, American Eskimo's and Setters.
His business background includes an accounting degree, time as a CPA, an International Educator, and being the owner of multiple businesses. He loves the holidays and is an outstanding cook, interior designer, and landscaper. He loves to call his Safe Journey home the "painted lady" and is working diligently to restore her to all of the splendor of her 1893 heritage.
As a stage 4 cancer survivor, John knows that life is too short to pass up even one opportunity to give free loves to a dog. Come on down to Safe Journey and see why dogs love to stay here and hang out with John!
Get In Touch
SAFE JOURNEY DOG BOARDING
Safe Journey Dog Boarding is Portland Oregon's premiere place for cage free dog overnight boarding and dog day care. At Safe Journey, dogs are always free to roam, play, and socialize 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. We do this by never using any cages, crates, pens, or kennels. And, we are open every day of the year from 7am to 7pm for your convenience.
At Safe Journey, our dog boarding and dog daycare facility provides a safe, comfortable, relaxed, home-style environment for your dog. This minimizes you and your dogs stress and anxiety while you are away. Our small high frequency of visit dog clientele helps ensure that your dog is able to hanging out with a well-mannered dog pack. Many of your dogs playmates at Safe Journey have spent hundreds and even thousands of days here with us.
Safe Journey is staffed only by a small group of business partners whose livelihood is invested long term in your dogs care. Your dog will have always have an ongoing personal relationship with us. We are dedicated to your dogs comfort, safety, and happiness allowing you to relax, focus, and enjoy the times when you must be away from your dog!
We do this by:
- Never using any crates, pens, cages or kennels. All dogs roam free 24 hours a day and have 12 hour a day indoor and outdoor access.
- Maintaining a small high frequency clientele. This results in the majority of dogs that are at Safe Journey each day being relaxed well mannered regulars who respond to our staff as they would their own individual owners.
- Minimizing outside sounds, distractions, and influences. These cause stress, disruptions, barking, alerts, and other forms of high-stress dog behavior which we diligently work to eliminate from our facility.
- Maintaining a small group of business partners who are invested long term in your dogs care. This results in your dog having an ongoing personal relationship with our on-site staff.
- Continuing to refine our business practices in order to increase your dogs comfort, safety, and happiness while staying at Safe Journey Dog Boarding. Relaxed happy dogs allow their dog owners to relax, focus, and/or enjoy the times when they must be away from their dog!
Our clients said
My dog was so happy at Safe Journey. He looks forward to another stay. The dogs were happy and having fun and not crated at all. Wonderful Service!
I feel confident that my puppy, Aasia, is well looked after and in good care when I take her to SafeJourney. I strongly recommend them to friends who inquire about her "day care".